Job Title: Hydraulic Field Service Engineer
Location: Aldridge – Walsall
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (Average 37 hours per week + paid premiums for overtime and weekend working)
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join an expanding business and be part of a dynamic and growing team. JRD BIPEL have a role which requires flexibility working both in-house at the Newport base and at customer sites across the UK. As a Field Service Engineer you will provide excellent, efficient, timely service and support to customers, often at short notice. Travel and stays away from home are to be expected.
This is a challenging role which requires flexibility in your ability to respond to customer and business needs, excellent communication and team working.
Main duties will include:
- Co-ordinating service and repairs
- Fault Finding / Diagnostics
- Completing field reports and timesheets/expense forms in a timely manner
- Conforming to company health and safety procedures and policies
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices
- Excellent understanding of hydraulic and / or electrical system drawings and components
- Experience calibrating flow, pressure, temperature and positional devices and instruments
- Willingness to work on a multi skilled basis
- Fault finding on electro/hydraulic systems
- Experience in field diagnosis
- Work experience in the Steel processing or power generation industries.
- Experience of writing site specific method statements
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and a desire to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work safely at all times
- Valid UK driving licence
- PC literate (Standard MS Office)
- Experience of electro/hydraulic systems control and associated components including Piston Pumps, Prefill Valves, high pressure manifolds and proportional control
- Previous experience working in a field based role
- Knowledgeable in site and workshop repairs and testing of pumps and valves
- ONC / HNC qualified or recognised relevant Apprenticeship
- Company Pension Scheme
- 31 days holiday per year
- Company Vehicle
When applying applicants should provide a covering letter detailing their salary expectations and availability to commence work.
Please note: All candidates must be currently eligible to both live and work in the United Kingdom.
Candidates with experience of: Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Hydraulics Engineer, Electro-Hydraulics Systems, Lead Service Engineer, Lead Engineer, Engineering Co-ordinator may also be considered for this role.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org